The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.7 Sneaky Peeks now available. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am not a designer, just a normaler user and I love these new icons. they look great with the "dark" 10.5 windowskin.

if you don't like them, just change the buttons in the resources folder. there are a lot of themes for omniweb out there (at least one or two ;))

I think it's nice to have an unique look, rather then a dumb copy of safari.

Changing resources within the OmniWeb package is highly impractical when you are installing a new sneakypeek virtually every day ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Changing resources within the OmniWeb package is highly impractical when you are installing a new sneakypeek virtually every day ;)
I was doing it, believe it or not. I had all jon's resources in a folder. Select all, copy, open the contents>resources> paste. I eventually made a shell script to do this in one click.

Fortunately, I like the new icons so I can finally stop doing this.

Of course, you can live with the beta icons and when 5.7 comes out, paste in whatever you like (or make your own).

Is anyone else getting this? I have passwords saved for certain websites and while it does save them, every time I revisit the site, I get the save password dialog box again. The login and password appear without entry so it is saved but the box still pops up every time. It's annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog75 View Post
Is anyone else getting this? I have passwords saved for certain websites and while it does save them, every time I revisit the site, I get the save password dialog box again. The login and password appear without entry so it is saved but the box still pops up every time. It's annoying.
Hello, try opening up Keychain Access (found in your Applications > Utilities folder) and search for the site in question. select the appropriate key for this site and delete it.

Now go back into OmniWeb and re-save your login and password. Hopefully that will solve the problem you're encountering.

I can't say that I'm very fond of the new icons; while they look very nice, they are indeed too washed out. However, what I find even more disturbing is the favourites bar, which is way too bright for the dark unified look of applications running in Leopard. Would it be possible to make it look darker in Leopard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks View Post
At the moment, I really dislike them, but I'm going to give them a while to see if they grow on me. They just feel like no other app on OS X - which may have been the intention (and isn't a bad thing), but they don't sit right for me at all.
I second this.

Tiggar

The newer versions of Webkit now renders USAToday correctly allowing users to login and add comments. Any chance we'll see that implemented into OW soon?

So... am I the only one who noticed something about the latest sneakypeek's build number? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ata View Post
So... am I the only one who noticed something about the latest sneakypeek's build number? :)
No ... I'm sure you and I are not ...