The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Control Sketch Recognition Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What if I want a graph to be displayed exactly as I drew it, without smoothing (or with only a degree of smoothing)? Is that possible? Can sketch recognition be controlled or turned on and off?

There's no way to adjust the precision of the sketch recognition algorithm, but you can use "tap-tap" line-drawing mode to place points exactly where you'd like, and go back and add points manually by double-clicking your curve in Modify mode.

You can also use "Interpolate" and then "Add Jitter" in the arrange menu to resample a curve along the x-axis (set your tick interval to something very small first), then add vertical offsets to the new points. I've attached a screenshot of the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jitter.ograph.png
Views:	553
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2049