The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Extending an existing line? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to use GraphSketcher for a sprint burndown chart. I set up the graph, but every day I need to enter new data and extend the existing lines. Is there a supported way of doing this?

Currently I am having to go through these steps for each line:
- Draw new point
- Add existing line to selection, group
- Change line type to None to remove existing line
- Re-select line type to plot line with the new point
- Re-select color, line thickness, and point shape to match existing style

Not sure if I've missed something in the Help, but I would like to be able to:
- With current line selected, draw new point
- Have line automatically extended to new point with a matching style

I think what you're looking for here is the Connect Points button at the bottom of the Data Inspector. If there is only one series on your graph, you can simply click it with nothing selected after adding the new point. If you have multiple series or the graph is more complicated, you'll want to select the existing series and the new point first before clicking.

Unfortunately the Connect Points feature won't re-style the new point to match the series, but at least everything else will remain correctly styled. I think we can improve on this process in general (as adding a new point to a series is a pretty common operation) and I've added your notes to our development database for reference as we plan future OmniGraphSketcher releases.

I hope this helps! Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread, or get in touch via email at omnigraphsketcher@omnigroup.com.

Thanks for the suggestion. This does save me one-click per line. The restyling is still the majority of the work.

Overall, in the current version, I find that I'm able to create a beautiful graph, but the overall effort to maintain an on-going graph is too high for my needs.

Hopefully the development team is able to make improvements in the workflow, and I will be happy to re-evaluate the product at that point.