The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

unable to synchronize with ical Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
my synchronisation problems with iCal seemed to start with the innovation of being able to choose the calendars you want to synchronise with. when OF created its own calendars: "OF: [context name]" it all seemed to go well.

Now - like many others - I can't get OF to transfer my tasks to iCal at all - I've done all the choosing contexts - dragging and dropping in the OF preferences/ sync/contexts pane. I've rebuilt the database. I've erased all my OF calendars from iCal, and I've re-set iSync history. But still nothing shows up.

I also have SOHO organizer installed, and, bizzarely, that DOES show the new tasks, with the context and project names - i don't otherwise like using this software because of its clunky interface.

Using the ToDo list in iCal is an important part of my workflow, because here I can assign a schedule to the tasks coming from OF - which I can then iSync, via bluetooth to my mobile phone and take with me which i can check anywhere.

I haven't got time for arcane workarounds via the console or applescripts. As far as I'm concerned this is a serious issue with OF and needs to be addressed properly. It seems to me there have been enough posts from others to show that it's a common problem.

Omni, PLEASE do something about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kened View Post
I also have SOHO organizer installed, and, bizzarely, that DOES show the new tasks, with the context and project names
This indicates that OmniFocus is synchronizing properly with the calendar database (which is where SOHO Organizer is finding the tasks); the problem is presumably that iCal isn't.

Quote:
I haven't got time for arcane workarounds via the console or applescripts. As far as I'm concerned this is a serious issue with OF and needs to be addressed properly.
The problem is that you're (presumably) encountering an iCal bug, which means the only way we can help you try to fix it involves checking the Console to see why iCal is having trouble (and verifying that that is, in fact, the problem), and then trying different (and unfortunately sometimes arcane) procedures to try to make iCal work again. (Ideally Apple would help you do this rather than leaving it to us; we're just guessing at what to do to fix iCal based on Apple's tech notes.)