The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I am not able to use OF on my iPhone the way I can on my Mac... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
...and that is a pity..

I am unable to capture emails into my inbox

I am unable to capture Safari pages / URL links into my inbox

This makes the Mac / iPhone OF system one legged...

Don't get me wrong, I love it, and am hooked, but its a real shame I cant work in the same way remotely..

(BTW I already have emailed in my request in to the OF ninjas for these features)

Any iPhone OF operation tips for me please?

Presently when using my iPhone, I DONT capture email date into my inbox (when I would like to)
And I DONT capture Safari pages into my inbox (when I would like to)

Sadly the iPhone OS doesn't allow for the same level of intergration that we can achieve on the Mac.

Letting Apple know that interoperability between iPhone apps is important to you would be helpful, as we would love to be able to support these features as well, but are limited by the platform in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper TFG View Post
I am unable to capture emails into my inbox

I am unable to capture Safari pages / URL links into my inbox
You can't get the links, but with iPhone OS 3.0 you can copy and paste text from Mail and Safari into OmniFocus. (I do this quite a bit!)

In Safari, if you tap the "+" button at the bottom of the screen, one of the choices is to mail a link to that page. I send it to my "+omnifocus" address, Mail picks it up, stuffs it into my Inbox, OmniFocus syncs a minute later, and the next time my iPod syncs, it's there, looking not all that much different than if I'd clipped it on the Mac. Yes, this breaks down if you can't leave a Mac on all the time, but in my case, it just delays the stuff getting to my Inbox and most of my collection like this is stuff not destined for immediate processing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	522
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1044  

whpalmer4:

Wow - that is one slick trick!