The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text breaks in odd places Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello!

Maybe someone here can help. When I am typing using the "outline" panel in OG 4 pro (latest non-beta version), I am getting some annoying breakup of large words.

I made a custom diagram style, and I checked the "wrap to shape" checkbox in the text inspector, and have selected the "resize to fit" button.

The boxes in the diagram view expand to accomodate the text, which is good, but words keep getting broken up, seemingly at random.

With Inspiration, the boxes in the diagram view resize to accomodate the text without breaking individual words up.

Example:

I want to get something like this:

Photosynthesis
and respiration
mechanisms

But I end up with:

Photosnth
esis and
respiration
mechanism
s

I am not seeing any real pattern in how the software chooses to break up the text, and in the same diagram, with the same diagram style, it seems to do this in different ways - sometimes maintaining words, sometimes chopping them up in weird places.

Any tips would be appreciated! I have a feeling I am missing something obvious...