The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Requests: Total Time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have to requests with how time is handled. I like estimating the amount of time an action will take and inputting it into OF. I would like to be able to highlight a selection of actions and be able to see how long the selected actions will take to complete as a whole. This gives me a quick ballpark figure of how long these 5 actions will take.

Another way I think time tracking would be greatly improved is if projects and action groups would update by showing the total time of their actions. So project 1 had 5 10 minute actions, the time to complete project 1 is 50m. Then, as I check off each action, the time updates next to the project. Same with action groups.

What think ye?

please submit that as formal feedback so it get's entered in the " requests " database . I asked for the same thing

I already have. I was just seeing what other people thought. I'm glad you requested it too. I'm sure it's on the way, it's an obvious request.

I like how itunes always tells you how much time in a particular playlist. In the same way, I would love to see this feature in contexts or hoisted on a project. It would be inspiring to look at it and see only 4.5 hours to go. . . or geez, I've got 8 days of work to do. . . better get cranking.

I wrote about this here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...71&postcount=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Daniel View Post
Another way I think time tracking would be greatly improved is if projects and action groups would update by showing the total time of their actions. So project 1 had 5 10 minute actions, the time to complete project 1 is 50m. Then, as I check off each action, the time updates next to the project. Same with action groups.
I like that idea and have sent feedback asking to be added as voting for the existing request.