The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Potential conflict with Quicksilver Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The latest build (OmniFocus-r92574-Alpha.dmg) is crashing when I start the program. Furthermore, immediately after the crash, I see my QS restarting, and I wonder if there is a potential conflict between the two. I did not have this problem with the previous build, and when I go back to one, the program starts fine w/o any problem.

Same here. 92574 crashed on me. I went back to 92565, which is working fine for me.

I was not running QS at the time, so I can't speak to that aspect.

I got the crash too. No hiccups in QS for me. Scanning the crash report, it seems to be related to the toolbar. I have a customized OF toolbar. ksrhee and dhm2006, do you?

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I got the crash too. No hiccups in QS for me. Scanning the crash report, it seems to be related to the toolbar. I have a customized OF toolbar. ksrhee and dhm2006, do you?
I just though QS since after the crash, QS hiccups and needs to restart. Yes, I do have customized toolbars.

Interesting. Let me experiment a bit.

Last edited by ksrhee; 2007-10-10 at 02:24 PM..

OK. That was it. I reset my toolbar and updated the program, and no crash. Hopefully, this will be fixed so that I can customize the toolbar again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
OK. That was it. I reset my toolbar and updated the program, and no crash. Hopefully, this will be fixed so that I can customize the toolbar again.
Maybe they changed the toolbar storage format. Have you tried customizing the toolbar in the new version and relaunching? (I'd try it, and probably will later, but I'm working on scripting the QE window at the moment.)

Curt

Quote:
Maybe they changed the toolbar storage format. Have you tried customizing the toolbar in the new version and relaunching? (I'd try it, and probably will later, but I'm working on scripting the QE window at the moment.)
I tried customizing the latest build I download this evening, and it worked fine. So, I'm not sure whether the new build or new storage format was the culprit, but the problem solved.

Quote:
Yes, I have seven more items than the default toolbar.

I will just skip the offending build.

This was a bug that was introduced by having your toolbar items update when you changed the image on a perspective. You would have seen this bug if you removed an image being used for a perspective (yes, better support is coming for this feature), and then tried to launch.

Please let us know if you see it in subsequent builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
Please let us know if you see it in subsequent builds.
Don't know if it's related, but (v36.0.92817) is crashing on startup for me too.

EDIT: Offending build has been pulled...

Last edited by Craig; 2007-10-14 at 07:39 PM..