The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mavericks – Significant Energy? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are there any plans to optimise OO4 in terms of energy usage?

Hmm, interesting. Could you take a look at Activity Monitor and see what details it shows there? http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/use-acti...s-x-mavericks/

Is OmniOutliner listed as one of the top average energy users? Or what were you doing in OO at the time when you took the first screenshot of the battery level menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Is OmniOutliner listed as one of the top average energy users? Or what were you doing in OO at the time when you took the first screenshot of the battery level menu?
I was just using it normally when I had a look at the battery level and saw that OmniOutliner 4 was listed as a 'high energy app'. Nothing special.

Can you turn on the graphics card tab in activity monitor, please? Right-click on the column headers and select 'Graphics Card'. Does it say yes or no to requires high perf GPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Can you turn on the graphics card tab in activity monitor, please? Right-click on the column headers and select 'Graphics Card'. Does it say yes or no to requires high perf GPU?
I'm afraid I don't 'have' a graphics card (not a discrete one) in my MacBook Air. I and a look in Activity Monitor and I'm afraid I can't find the column header 'graphics card'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidic View Post
I'm afraid I don't 'have' a graphics card (not a discrete one) in my MacBook Air. I and a look in Activity Monitor and I'm afraid I can't find the column header 'graphics card'.
Ah, ok. That option probably only shows if you have a discrete graphics card since that's all it tells you.