The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search shortcut for MacUpdate yields a blank page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My OmniWeb Search Shortcut for the search box on the MacUpdate home page used to work. Now all I get is a blank page.

I recreated my shortcut, thinking the MacUpdate search URL might have changed. But that didn't help.

I've inspected the HTML for the MacUpdate home page. I don't see anything to explain why OmniWeb's search doesn't work. I also copied the failing URL and tried it in Firefox, which also gets a blank page.

My best guess is MacUpdate's search.php script is checking the referring URL and rejecting any search that does not originate from its site.

-- Ward

That's probably a good guess which if true makes it difficult for us to to fix. I'm not sure storing a spoofed originating url would be a very nice thing to do.

These settings work for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
These settings work for me: ...
I updated my MacUpdate shortcut to be precisely the same as JKT's -- still a blank page. Hmmm.

-- Ward

Oops, I should have checked first... it used to work until very recently but now I too get a blank page...

Sorry about that!