The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

omniplan for iPad -> Fall 2010? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

Ok we are all a bit of overloaded AND optimistic. But I think I can remember this nice graphic stating an Omniplan for iPad release Fall 2010.

Don't you remember?

It was the main reason for me to buy an iPad at this time.

Ok we are still in 2011, and fall is two month ... do you still think we can have these promising omniplan for iPad in 2011.

( I still can't make the decision to move to merlin )

Last edited by mattao; 2011-07-12 at 08:31 AM..

First, the most current graphic says 2011, not Fall of 2011. Even if it did say Fall of 2011, that's a 3 month window starting 2 months from now, not a promise that it would be available the first day of autumn.

If OmniPlan for iPad was your rationalization for buying an iPad, why did you buy the iPad before there was an OmniPlan for iPad? Who's being overly optimistic here? :-)

yes guys

optimistic and enthusiast thats omniplan users...

Is everything going well on your plans?

We've done some preliminary work on the iPad app, but our top priority is to ship version 2 of OmniPlan for Mac. We submitted a release candidate build to Apple last Friday, so we're in the "pretty soon now" timeframe for that happening.

Since some portions of the remaining work are outside our control, we can't give you a specific release date for v2 yet. Once it ships and we clean up any issues we discover post-release, though, it's iPad or bust! :-)

Right now i'm using projector on the iPad, but I dream of the day OmniPlan iPad is released. I know you guys will make a great app, I just hope it stays under $100.

The integration of OP and OF sounds very cool. I can't wait to see how that works. Does this also mean that there will be some integration with OP for iPad and OF for iPad as well?

Yeah, they missed Fall 2010 as a ship window, and I'd say Fall 2011 is looking a bit unlikely, too :-) Unfortunate, because I could really use it right now!

On the positive side, activity on the other iOS apps seems to have tapered off a bit, which you might expect if all of their iOS talent is feverishly working on a new app. Of course, said talent also might be busy working on Mac projects, or tomorrow they might trot out new versions of several of the iOS apps, or maybe a few of them took a vacation, so it is hard to draw any firm conclusions. It is a pretty safe bet to assume that Hofstadter's Law will apply:
It always takes longer than expected, even when you take Hofstdter's Law into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Yeah, they missed Fall 2010 as a ship window, and I'd say Fall 2011 is looking a bit unlikely, too :-)
Considering we're quickly approaching the end of November and haven't yet invited any outside beta testers, I'd say you're right!

That said, if anyone is interested in being an early private beta tester for OmniPlan for iPad, please let us know within the next week or so by sending email to omniplan@omnigroup.com. It would be helpful if you include a description of how you use OmniPlan now (assuming you do), how you plan to use OmniPlan on your iPad, and whether you're using an iPad 1 or an iPad 2—we'd like to try for a balanced beta pool.

Thanks!

Email sent! I'd really like to get my name in the beta pool as I eagerly anticipating OmniPlan on the iPad.