The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reveal Script (switch alternative) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
If any knows how to combine a script (scpt) and an icon (icns) to create a script with an icon (without using the GUI) please let me know.

I'm using git to version control code changes to reveal. Each time I revert, the resource fork containing the icon is deleted. Resource forks are a pain anyway, I'm better without them.

I have resorted to having a pre-iconned scptd script bundle into which I osacompile the applescript. However, OmniFocus doesn't perfectly support script bundles - you can see the main.scpt inside them from the customise toolbar sheet.

What I really want to do is have a command line do the meaning of the following:

osacompile -d -o Reveal.scpt Reveal\ Dev.applescript
osascript <(echo tell Finder to set icon of file "Reveal.scpt" to Reveal.icns)

Yeah I know that's not valid script - but there doesn't appear to BE a valid script to do that.

<i>Update: I know how to do this now (see post later in this thread)</i>

Last edited by Alex Brown; 2008-03-11 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Clarification