The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Switch layer for elements / background Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I have a dotty plot with a lot of points in OmniGraphSketcher. When I add a line, this line always apperas as a background-element, behind the points. Is it possible to change the behavoir of this line, (explicit to foreground element)? I even check the placing order, first draw a line then import my 1000 x-y-points, but the line is still in the background.

Perhaps the screenshot is a better explanation for my problem.

Thanks in advance.
Michael

Last edited by modche; 2011-09-07 at 02:42 AM..

That is a very attractive graph, even with the z-order problems!

Unfortunately there's no way to make the lines come to the front in this situation; line elements are always "behind" points on the canvas. We've got a request open for a Bring Forward/Send backward feature in the development database and I'll add your example to it.

For the time being I wonder if making the points transparent (using the opacity slider on the style inspector) instead of light gray might be an acceptable workaround? I'm not sure how that would look with the number of overlapping points you appear to have there, but it's worth mentioning. The other option would be creating two graphs, one with the points and the other with the lines, exporting them as PDF and compositing them using OmniGraffle or Illustrator (or similar).