The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping reference material learned during projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've thought about this a bit more. I gather there is a built in UNIX set of commands that generates checksums for files. There are several Mac apps that call it -- I have just downloaded a free one "Checksum Validator". If I manually drag and drop a file on this to generate the checksum, then paste this into the file info spotlight comments, this file is now findable accross the system via spotlight.

Seems to me if there could be an embedded call to this from OF to tag the file with a hash code in the spotlight comments, then this file ought to be findable on any mac. I'm not an applescript guru, but this sounds like a doable task and would make a major advance in how support files are referred to in a way that the links could be preserved accross machines.