The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Having trouble installing third party stencils Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Will there be a way to add stencils to the stencil list? Right now it looks like it just loads any stencils that exist in a document I load in, but it would be nice to have custom stencils available in the stencils list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refulgentis View Post
Will there be a way to add stencils to the stencil list? Right now it looks like it just loads any stencils that exist in a document I load in, but it would be nice to have custom stencils available in the stencils list.
Yep! You can add stencil files and they'll appear as they're titled.
(in the stencil inspector, I mean.)

As it is right now, it seems like when I open a .gstencil file, the stencils currently in that file appear in the Stencils popover, but if I create a new document and tap the Stencils popover, the stencils (which I thought I would have imported) aren't there. Is that right or am I missing something?

EDIT: Issue seemed to be I was attempting to import the .gstencil files by e-mailing them to myself and opening them from Mail instead of using File Sharing in iTunes, still, I'd expect them both to work the same.

Also, when you first tap the Stencils bar button item after launching OmniGraffle it seems like it had to reload all the stencils available to it from scratch, which results in a (rough count by me) 17 second delay after tapping the Stencils bar button item before the popover appears, with just the default stencils and these (http://graffletopia.com/stencils/570) installed.

P.S. I don't mean to have a harsh tone, just trying to write this up quickly before I leave the house. Love your software!

Last edited by refulgentis; 2010-04-06 at 11:10 AM..

I'm having some problems with those stencils as well — (when emailing them to myself.)

I'll pass it along!

refulgentis, no worries at all. I'll get that example over to the QA team so they can have a look at those stencils. Thanks!