The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Site Crashes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The following two sites crash omni every time I visit them:
http://www.devon-technologies.com/su...tutorials.html
http://onegoodmove.org/

These are just two of the several I have found that cause a crash, is there something I have set wrong? If so please let me know, as I have been looking for a webkit based browser and like omni's design and added features, but find the crashes a bit too much to deal with.

Both work fine for me.

I just searched through all our crash reports for comments about onegoodmove.org or devon-technologies and found no reports.

Have you been sending them in? Do you fill out the details?

Every crash report that gets sent goes to my INBOX. I don't always read them all, but I do read a good many of them. But often just the crash information is not enough for us to figure out the problem so the more information you provide, the more likely we will be able to fix the problem. In fact, once I find a reproducible set of steps to create a crasher, I am 99% sure I can fix it.

We do have one crasher I haven't been able to fix--but it is only reproducible on one machine here at the office. And I know the fundamental problem but not why it only happens for some people some times. (The technical details are that both the system WebKit and our custom WebKit get loaded into the application--but the two are not binary compatible so objects created by one will crash once the other is loaded.)