The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to make several stencils in one stencil menu? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The native stencils show up as several in one pane; for example, the "Line types" stencil board has 9 different things in it. I'm now making my own stencils (cell biology symbols, in case someone knows this already exists and can point me to it!) and my problem is that each one I design gets saved with its own name in the stencils list. This can get very long - I'd like to name just one entry under the "stencil type" pull-down menu, called say "cell biology" and have all of the symbols sitting on that stencil pane so that I can drag them into my documents as needed. What's the right way to do that? Thank you!!

Mike

Just make a folder inside of ~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/ with the appropriate name and drop your new stencils inside of that.

HTH

I just thought I'd post my compliment here.

I was trying to figure out the same thing - how to organize stencils in the stencil menu into folders. The built-in stencils have a folder named "maps" and I wanted to somehow move all the cool map stencils I downloaded from the site into that folder.

I was confused because in the application support folder, there are no folders named similarly. But when I created a new folder, named it "maps", moved all my new stencils into the folder...

voila - in the stencil menu, both new and built-in stencils are in one sub-menu called maps. That is pretty sweet - I expected to see the new and built-in stencils not play together well. Figured I'd have two sub-menu's called "maps." Nice little detail to have thought of!

My only suggestion would be to document this in the help file.