The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing Omnigraffle Process Maps to Plotter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello All,

I am using Omnigraffle Pro 4.x to create process maps. I am attempting to print them on our plotter (an older HP 750C).

The process map was created using page settings of 8.5" x 14" (US Legal).

The plotter has continuous paper feed and is 36" wide. During the print process, I select the plotter and tell it to scale the print UP to the plotter paper size. It does print, however I really need it to rotate to landscape layout to print properly. If I change the page layout of the process map, the content no longer fits (as it does not rotate with the page).

Is there a way to rotate all of my content 90 degrees counter-clockwise? if not, is there a way to tell Omnigraffle to PRINT the page by rotating it that way?

Thanks

Last edited by msteele999; 2006-09-18 at 09:14 AM..

I've done a search and didn't find an answer to this.

I have a similar problem, a 42" plotter and paper roll and D-sized diagram. The bottom of the diagram aligns to the right side of the paper leaving the left half blank.

If the diagram were rotated 90 degrees (by print driver?) then the entire width of the roll would be used and I'd use 50% less paper.

Printer is an HP Z3100 (PCL not PS).

Ok, to understand the problem: you're working with older print technology that is limited, it actually does not have a Portrait/Landscape feature; it is portrait only; and you want a landscape print.

Is is much of a problem to:
• select all (⌘a)
• group (⌘G)
• via the inspector/Properties/Geometry (wheel or type in "90"), rotate the group
• print

Once the doc is stable:
• save the doc as whatever + "LS" or "PLOT" or whatever is meaningful to you