The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weird delays, spinning rainbow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
When I run 5.5b1, the first couple of pages I view are really zippy; then (on my Macbook), suddenly anything I do causes a spinning rainbow cursor for a minute or so. Click on a menu; Cmd-L to bring up the address box; click a link. It doesn't matter what I do; the app freezes for a minute or so and then zips off to do its thing as if nothing had happened. Meanwhile, accessing the same sites, clicking the same links, in Firefox, and everything works fine.

Oddly, I'm seeing just the same problems with Safari. So I'm wondering if, since they share use of webkit, that something is amiss with webkit on an Intel laptop.

Has anyone else seen a problem like this? A quick scan of the last couple of days of posts does not seem to indicate anyone else has this problem.

And...until yesterday, Safari was working fine for me. Until I downloaded the Omniweb beta, that is...