The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

repeating tasks still appear when project on hold Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello!

I have a project with multiple tasks that repeat every day.

I have put now the whole project on hold - while some of the tasks where still not marked as done.

As soon as I mark them as done, they appear in the due-perspective for tommorow, even when the project itself is holded.

Why this? I would expect that every single task of this holded project will not be active anymore until the whole project becomes active again. Am I wrong?

Thanks for every hint!

Regards,
Vlad Ghitulescu

Doesn't matter whether or not the tasks are repeating; 1.9 has a change that includes tasks from on hold projects into the context mode view if the view includes remaining actions. You can change the Due perspective to only show Active tasks, but that has drawbacks, too. Use Help->Send Feedback to register a complaint with Omni if you disagree with this change. Putting a project on hold seems like a conscious choice to disregard it to me, just like dropping it, and I do not see why it is advantageous to populate the context view with those actions. I do see value in showing tasks from pending projects (for example, a project which you can't start until tomorrow, but has tasks due almost immediately after starting would be something you would like to know about in advance).

Hello whpalmer4!

Thank you for your reply!

I will send a complaint because it doesn't make any sense for me: the tasks of a hold project doesn't have to be active / available anymore in my opinion (I totally agree with your comments).

Thanks again!

Regards,
Vlad Ghitulescu