The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus v1.6 sneaky peeks! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks, Omni folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
One other observation, the 'Show Due Soon and Overdue actions' behavior in the dock and in the menu bar seems to have changed, and is not consistent with what is displayed in the sidebar or on the iPhone. If I have 1 overdue item and 4 due soon items, the menu bar and dock badge show a red 1. If I complete the overdue item, the badge changes to an orange 4. This hasn't always behaved this way, has it?
That's how I always remember it behaving. How would you prefer it behave?

Curt

I thought it once mirrored the behavior of the badge on the iPhone. One overdue and four due soon items would have an iPhone badge count of 5. As far as how I would prefer it behave, I don't know that I have a preference. Clearly if it has always worked this way on the desktop, I haven't noticed it before now. Having said that, it would seem logical that the badge count on the iPhone and the desktop should be consistent.

Quote:
I thought it once mirrored the behavior of the badge on the iPhone. One overdue and four due soon items would have an iPhone badge count of 5. As far as how I would prefer it behave, I don't know that I have a preference. Clearly if it has always worked this way on the desktop, I haven't noticed it before now. Having said that, it would seem logical that the badge count on the iPhone and the desktop should be consistent.
It has never mirrored the badge on the iPhone. The desktop version shows only OVERDUE items if there are some, and if there are none, it shows an orange # with DUE SOON items.

The iPhone one shows the combination of the two (overdue PLUS due soon).

I'd rather have more flexibility here. I'd also like the ability to set the number of days in "due soon" different between iPhone and Desktop versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
I'd rather have more flexibility here. I'd also like the ability to set the number of days in "due soon" different between iPhone and Desktop versions.
I believe you can set the "Due Soon" in the iPhone separately in the Settings panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawDaddy View Post
I believe you can set the "Due Soon" in the iPhone separately in the Settings panel.
Yes, you can. But it changes the settings on the desktop version, on the next sync. And vice versa.

HI Greg, I noticed you mentioned a 'due or flagged' filter -- I've downloaded the most recent sneeky peak but can't find this anywhere in the view bar or default perspectives icon set. Where do I find this? Thanks,

"Due or Flagged" can be found in Context View in the "Show Actions with Status" selector (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Due or Flagged.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	865  

It's also available under the View menu, but again, only in Context view.

Quote:
As of the latest SP this AM, it is still stuck on Sunday.
I've been unable to reproduce this consistently, but we're aware this is an issue. If you can reproduce this please email us your settings and anything else you can think of that might be useful.

Also, where this is causing problems for you..
-the dropdown calendar?
-when typing dates?
-in the main window?
-in the inspector?

I've been trying to nail this down, but the things I try always seem to work for me.