The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting up calendar alerts in OmniFocus for iPhone [Retired: use local notifications] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay556 View Post
Do we have to continue having the Mobile me account to use the calender reminders?
Ajay556, access to an external location for OmniFocus and the Calendar application on your phone to store files and exchange data is required, but it doesn't have to be your iDisk.

If you'd rather not pay for MobileMe, you can use one of the no-cost/low-cost providers in this thread instead.

Heads up - this method might be sending your .mac/.me password in the clear!

After setting it up, go to Settings, Mail/Contacts/Calendars, OmniFocus Reminders... the use SSL slider was set to Off on mine. YMMV

Bart

Good catch, barrrt - I'll add that to the instructions. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrrt View Post
Heads up - this method might be sending your .mac/.me password in the clear!

After setting it up, go to Settings, Mail/Contacts/Calendars, OmniFocus Reminders... the use SSL slider was set to Off on mine. YMMV

Bart
Well spotted. Thanks. With MobileMe being able to track and remote
wipe my iPhone I'd like to keep that password secret!

Michael

I am getting 3 of the same events in iCal on the iPhone.

Also after syncing I do not see the events in iCal on my mac or on Mobile Me.
Should I see the events in iCal on my mac and Mobile Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Good catch, barrrt - I'll add that to the instructions. Thanks!
Maybe it could be added to the code, too? :) Seems like a better choice of default!

This is awesome in the iPhone iCal.. is there also a way to also subscribe via iCal on the Mac desktop iCal? I tried to see if I could and it didn't work for me.

...could you create an option so that the Project Name shows with the action in the calendar entry and notification pop-up.

It seems like every feature you add falls back to this same thing where the action gets divorced from the project in summary reports, etc.

I can't imagine I'm the only person who has very similar action names in different projects. Without the ability to see quickly which project the action relates to in the pop-up notification, it's not very useful to me.

The "Draft engagement agreement" action relates to just about every project I have. But the due date varies from project to project.

When all I see is "Draft engagement agreement" in the pop-up, it's pretty much useless unless I know what project it relates to.

The fact that a link exists to the action itself in OF is nice. But often I don't want to have to open up OF just to get that info (I have a lot of stuff in OF on the phone and it takes a pretty long time to open it up. I'm not inclined
to delete this stuff, because it's useful to me to have it. And I don't mind the start time generally. But it means that I don't just open up OF any old time. I do it at times when I have the time to wait for it to open).

Anyway, that would be a great improvement. So would having more control over alerts and being able to send more than one alert on an action (like 2 days in advance and one hour in advance for example).

Best,

KS

From iCal on the Mac, try subscribing to this URL format. it worked for me.

http://username@idisk.mac.com/userna...ts/DueSoon.ics

The bolded instructions fixed it for me, thanks!