The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Completely stuck with creative tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been trying to implement a gtd and omnifocus workflow for a while now. While I've found it works wonderfully for general types of tasks with easily definable completion criteria I have issues when it comes to creative projects.

Doing graphic design this has always been a struggle but with gtd it becomes much more apparent. The problem is trying to decide when a certain action is complete. With the action "ideate template" it's hard to decide when the design or action is at a certain point to move on. This roadblock has to do with the thought that something can always be improved. Having a deadline doesn't help much because it requires looking forward at the completion of the entire project rather than a single action.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to implement personal deadlines for certain aspects of the design phase, but there's still the difficulty of deciding how long something should take.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for how to deal with tasks or projects without easily defined completion criteria. This is the single biggest block in my gtd system right now.

Thanks!