The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Calendar app returns "Cannot Subscribe" errors during setup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe try leaving out the @me.com part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Once the progress indicator stops spinning, you'll see that the "Synchronize Now" button has been replaced with a "Subscribe in Calendar" button; go ahead and tap it to send the information to the calendar application.
At this point, an error pops up:
Cannot Subscribe
Could not subscribe to the calendar
"DueSoon.ics" from "idisk.me.com".
I can see the DueSoon.ics file in my iDisk (both local and online).

What should I do now?

I'm getting the same error, that DueSoon.ics cannot be subscribed to. It's in the MobileMe Documents directory. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhains View Post
Cannot Subscribe

What should I do now?
Having the same problem. :(

Alex

Nope, didn't work. Mailed the link, clicked on it, and got the "Cannot Subscribe" message that several have gotten. Since I'm pretty sure some MobileMe subscribers have been able to get this to work, I'll guess that this is another of the myriad of MobileMe issues yet to be resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhouse4 View Post
Nope, didn't work. Mailed the link, clicked on it, and got the "Cannot Subscribe" message that several have gotten. Since I'm pretty sure some MobileMe subscribers have been able to get this to work, I'll guess that this is another of the myriad of MobileMe issues yet to be resolved.
hi to everyone!

the same for me, but I'm using swissdisk
I'm also syncronizing my calendars with google sync (an exchange technology)
is it possible to subscribes to .ics calendar while using exchange sync?
also tried to subscribe via google calendar, but google cannot subscribe to calendar behind a password :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhains View Post
Cannot Subscribe

What should I do now?
I have the exact same problem. I cannot subscribe by the alternative methods suggested here- through the iphone settings or by clicking an email. Both these methods fall over at the same point. I can subscribe to the DueSoon.ics calendar from my desktop mac. I am using Bingodisk.

BTW, I think this is a great solution, much smarter than push. Good thinking, wish it would work for me..

For the folks getting the "Could not subscribe" dialog, we're still looking into possible reasons why Calendar may be failing during this step.

From reading the reports in this thread, it appears that the folks who are seeing this happen are all getting the "Could not subscribe" response without ever being asked for their login information.

Is that correct? Or is anyone getting asked for their login info, and then seeing the 'could not subscribe' error message afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
For the folks getting the "Could not subscribe" dialog, we're still looking into possible reasons why Calendar may be failing during this step.

From reading the reports in this thread, it appears that the folks who are seeing this happen are all getting the "Could not subscribe" response without ever being asked for their login information.

Is that correct? Or is anyone getting asked for their login info, and then seeing the 'could not subscribe' error message afterwards?
Hi Brian,

I am getting the error message AFTER providing log in information.

When I tap 'subscribe in calendar' i am asked for my login information. I provide the information, tap Ok and wait for approx 10 seconds then get the 'Could not subscribe' message. (if I deliberately supply wrong log in information, I am just asked for the information again, rather than getting the error).

Cheers
Tom

Buzdjow - have you ever had a different username or password for the server you're syncing with now? Or did you just set up the account for the first time before syncing?

One of our theories is that the Calendar application is showing the login panel, but then pulling old/obsolete login information from the phone's keychain and sending that to the server instead of what you typed.

If you're willing to set up a test account with one of the other sync providers listed here (one you've never used before), it would be useful to know if the problem is linked to setting up sync on a specific server, or if it prevents you from setting up sync with any server.