The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Badge-Counter not showing up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I had the Badge Counter disabled. Now I'd like to try using it again. So switched "Overdue" and "Due Soon" to on but no number appears on the app-icon, despite 9 items falling in one of those two categories.

Maybe I still have a tweak active from the time before there was this setting? How can I re-enable it? Maybe sth different is causing this?

Would be great to have the counting badge back. :)

Thanks for helping me out, and all the best,
FE

If you use open this page on your phone, then send the email that creates to yourself, you can check the state of the three "BadgeCounts" preferences to see whether OmniFocus thinks it should be adding those items to the badge.

I'm not aware of any other tweaks that would affect that badge, so if those are all set to "1", this should be working as you expect. If that's not what you're seeing, please forward that debug info along to our support ninjas; we'll be happy to investigate this with you and get things straightened out.

What I see is:

BadgeCountsDueSoonActions = 1;
BadgeCountsFlaggedActions = 0;
BadgeCountsOverdueActions = 1;

That is reflecting my settings correctly. It is exactly what I have setup the Badge Counter in the OF iPhone settings. Still no badge number though. Hmm.

A recent iOS update might have disabled the badge. Try going into the Settings app, tap into the Notifications>OmniFocus menu, and make sure the "Badge App Icon" option is turned on.

Last edited by jbrown; 2012-04-10 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: typo

You nailed it. :)

Now the badge counter is back. Thanks for your quick help.

Feel free to close this thread.