The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Simple way to add To-do's from Mail to Inbox of OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find OF complicated when trying to use it in relationship with iCal and Mail.

I like the To-do function in Leopard's Mail. It's just very limited, that's why I am using OF. I simply want to make a To-do, sometimes mark in so iCal will remind me to do it at a specific time, and have this To-do added to the Inbox of OF, so I can sort it to the appropriate project.

I don't understand all this language about sending myself an email from Mail to OF, the problems people are having and the set up Applescripts. I would rather use the simplicity that's offered in Mail and have a To-do that I generated in Mail get synced to the Inbox of OF for sorting.

Can I do this?

In Mail/ToDo, I press the ToDo button to create a new todo. I enter the info and designate the calendar (this will be an OF associated calendar). That's it.

In OF I sync with iCal, then go to the inBox and there is the todo I just created in Mail. All I have to do now is add a project. I think it may be possible to designate the project in the todo title when in Mail, not sure since I never use that feature, if it exists.

Pretty darn simple. Thanks, Bill