The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Waiting for OmniFocus 2" license expired [A: buy OmniFocus 1, get free upgrade to 2 when it ships.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all

I've been using the licence extension OmniGroup were kind enough to offer anyone with a trial version of Omnifocus v1, prior to release of Omnifocus v2.

I've just restarted my Mac, only to be greated by an Omnifocus error message stating:

This copy of OmniFocus is not licensed
This application is not licensed or too many users are using the application

I thought this licence would run until v2 was released, at which point I was going to purchase the full licence.

Is anyone else seeing the same message?

Thanks

Steven

The trial license isn't good until OmniFocus 2 ships. It was good until the "debut" of OF 2 which was in late January, so you could use it until you saw what v2 is going to be.

If you like what you saw, then buy OF now and you'll get a free upgrade to OF2 when it ships. This is all on the blog ;-)

Ah ha!

Thanks CatOne, I've re-read the blog post and it all makes sense now.

I'm off to buy my copy of Omnifocus V1, excited about the upcoming v2!

Thanks for your help

Steven