The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus-only incoming email account on gmail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for finding that out. Hopefully they'll address that issue before they launch the final version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign7 View Post
Thanks for finding that out. Hopefully they'll address that issue before they launch the final version.
I think it'll be fixed in the next Safari release (whether that's another beta or the final). The Omni Group has reported it and Apple is aware of the problem.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I think it'll be fixed in the next Safari release (whether that's another beta or the final). The Omni Group has reported it and Apple is aware of the problem.

-Dennis
Erm, isn't the latest release a final release? As of WWDC Safari 4 was officially released from beta.

This still isn't fixed for me. Is OmniFocus planning on addressing this, or are we going to keep waiting for Apple releases?

ETA: I looked a little bit closer noticed emails that are being sent to email+omnifocus@gmail.com are coming into Mail.app as email@gmail.com, hence no rule is being applied. Could anyone tell me what the story is there?

Last edited by devn; 2009-06-25 at 07:01 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn View Post
Erm, isn't the latest release a final release? As of WWDC Safari 4 was officially released from beta.
Yes, and Toadling's post is from April, well before that :-)
Quote:
This still isn't fixed for me. Is OmniFocus planning on addressing this, or are we going to keep waiting for Apple releases?
It might be that there is a different issue affecting you here, as the general experience is that Safari 4's release did fix this issue.
Quote:
ETA: I looked a little bit closer noticed emails that are being sent to email+omnifocus@gmail.com are coming into Mail.app as email@gmail.com, hence no rule is being applied. Could anyone tell me what the story is there?
You are sending them to email+omnifocus@gmail.com yet when they arrive at your gmail account they are addressed to email@gmail.com? Who do you think is rewriting them in this fashion? It certainly isn't a practice gmail applies to everyone's account! I'd try sending a similar message except with a cc to another email address so you can see what actually got sent.

does the mail app needs to be running al the time? I use mailplane as email reader, not making use of apple mail.app.

Dominique

Yes, the email is transferred to OmniFocus by an action triggered by a rule in the Mail.app. Another email application that is Applescriptable might be able to do the same.