The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Block automatic site refresh Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Today auto refresh worsened from an annoyance to a problem. I was halfway through an mp3 on the nytimes home page when an auto refresh killed it. I would have to reload the mp3. I'm limited to 5GB/month, so I declined. I wrote nytimes, asking to defeat auto refresh, but shouldn't the browser also have a switch to defeat auto refresh? I've looked around and cannot find one. Someone please tell me if I am missing an existing setting. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburton View Post
Today auto refresh worsened from an annoyance to a problem. I was halfway through an mp3 on the nytimes home page when an auto refresh killed it. I would have to reload the mp3. I'm limited to 5GB/month, so I declined. I wrote nytimes, asking to defeat auto refresh, but shouldn't the browser also have a switch to defeat auto refresh? I've looked around and cannot find one. Someone please tell me if I am missing an existing setting. Thanks.
Good question.

Is it possible to disable this auto refresh via a site preference disable JavaScript? Im not sure what the mechanism for auto refresh is may not even be JavaScript...worth a try tho.

Auto refresh can be done via javascript or a meta (html) tag and probably some other means as well but those are the most common.