The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't read MS Office Attachments on iPhone [BUG: reported to dev team] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is my first week using OF and so far, so good. I am running OF 1.5.2 on my 3G iPhone which is running 3.0.1.

Here's where I need help - I attach/embed a single sentence Word document using OF Desktop into an Action. I sync and it shows as an attachment on the iPhone but won't open.

If I repeat using a *.txt file instead of the *.doc file, I can read it.

Guidance to a solution would be appreciated.

TIA- Walter

Earlier this week, we got email from a customer reporting that Office attachments were no longer viewable in the iPhone app.

I just sent myself an email with a bunch of docs attached. I'm able to view them in mail, but not in OmniFocus, so it looks like a bug to me. Until we can get that fixed, .txt or .rtf files would be the workaround. Very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing!