The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing a txt file "to-do" list into Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
New and enthusiastic user here. Hello, all!

I think I understand the basic GTD process. Read the book, watched the videos.

First, I need to enter my projects and tasks into my Inbox.

Pre-OF, over the last year, I have kept my To Do list as a text file with one To DO per line. I now have about 600 lines - each line a soon-to-be action or project.

Is there some way I can import this text file into my Inbox??

It's a snap. Open your text file in TextEdit. Select the whole block of lines. Now go to OmniFocus, open the Inbox, click on the little black dot at the left side of a line, and paste. You should get an action for each line in your text file. Now you can edit them into projects as appropriate, assign contexts, etc.