The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Downloading files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but I'll assume what I need is a feature. I have a folder in the Finder with a Folder Action attached that will import files in the folder to a DEVONthink Pro (DTP) database. If I am in OmniWeb and right click on a link to a PDF file and select "Download Link As" and select the above mentioned folder as the destination, then the download begins as expected.

Unfortunately, DTP attempts to import the file while the download is in process and aborts the import as the PDF is not yet readable. Now I can understand why this would happen, but then I tried the same procedure with Safari and it works every time. I'd really like to have this functionality with OmniWeb, so is this something that can be looked into? As an alternative, is there a command that I can add to the Folder Action script that would pause the import action until the file is completely downloaded?

When Safari downloads something it wraps the download inside a file wrapper with a special extension so if DTP is looking for a PDF file it doesn't actually see it until the download completes. OmniWeb doesn't do this unfortunately but we do hope to in the future.

Thanks for the info and I hope to see this added to OmniWeb in the future.