The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LaunchBar support + Growl notification Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I agree, if you're running OmniFocus all the time this script is useless, but on my machine OmniFocus isn't running all the time. Sometimes I really need to make a quick todo out of a random thought I had. Starting OmniFocus, waiting for it to be ready, sometimes takes to long and I simply (have) forgot my idea. So in the meanwhile I was using TextMate as a sort of temporary storage for those quick ideas.
Now I can throw a task into LaunchBar and let it handle the rest for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunicki View Post
This is a very cool script. And a few years back I did use the QuickSilver script to do this. However, with the Quick Add window available as a global keystroke, I am not sure, what is the value of this script?

I am just curious about workflow with it?
Just one less keyboard shortcut to remember.

Since I updated to Growl 1.3 from the App Store, notifications no longer work with the LaunchBar version of the script. I've looked at the script and the current information on the Growl site, and it doesn't look like it needs changes to work. Anyone got this working with Growl 1.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastorff View Post
Since I updated to Growl 1.3 from the App Store, notifications no longer work with the LaunchBar version of the script.
Comments on the App Store Growl page suggest that there is some general retreat of functionality in the App Store version of Growl.

Not clear whether this is interference between installations, or an early casualty of sand-boxing: new App-Store-imposed limits on inter-process communication.

Thanks so much! Exactly what I needed!