The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple projects with staff resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemello
Please add my vote for multi-project handling - here's the email message I sent:

OmniPlan has the best user interface I've experienced in a project management app, not to mention the excellent Levelling - well done guys!

Here's a feature request that would blow away the competition - multi-project handling - I tried ConceptDraw's Project app because they offer this, but I prefer your interface! I'm currently handling different projects as sub-projects inside a main project, but it's not ideal.

thanks!
Yep, received your email and vote has been added! :-)

You can add my vote too for the multiple project request.

I'm evaluating OmniPlan atm, and the missing multiple project feature is really a pity. We have 6 staff working on anything up to 20 projects at the same time.

Really a pity you guys missed that one. Although i'm hoping you'll add it in the future?

It will probably be too late to get us as a customer, since we need some PM software which can track resources across projects in the next couple of months, but please add my vote to have this feature.

:)

Jason Mark
www.gravityswitch.com

Jason's comments made me wish for a place to discuss the options to OmniPlan, but I didn't think this was the right place. So I've decided to launch a Google Group called "MacProject", a place for exploring all Project Management Applications on the Mac, a place where users can share ideas and thoughts about the various apps, a place where they can ask questions of and explore with other users and potential users.

http://groups.google.com/group/macproject

In my mind there is a wide spectrum of info management applications. Omni (with all their apps) actually covers most of this range (but fails to integrate). I hope the MacProject Google Group will focus on the higher end (ie more complicated) needs of this spectrum.

Note the tribute to the original "MacProject" name and icon ( I hope Apple doesn't mind, or is too busy with bigger fish).

Add me to the list of people requiring multiple linked projects.

Please please add this functionality.

We track up to 50 projects or more, and need to know our resources' bandwidth so we can accurately assign them.

This would seal the deal for us!

Votes added from dirk_sabbe, Jason Mark, huwmac, and workinprogress.

I'll check out your Google Group dancingbrook. :-)

Me too, desperate to use Omniplan "properly".

You got it!

Got what? Does OmniPLan no offer multiple projects?