The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Global plugin switching Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm producing some screen casts using iShowU and OmniDazzle. 'Dazzle does a great job of highlighting what I'm talking about during the cast.

One problem is that I have move the mouse off screen and select a different plugin every time I want to switch from, say, Focus to Flashlight. Is there a way to hop between plugins from the keyboard?

I tried scripting Dazzle with applescript, but the script editor says it doesn't have a dictionary. Too bad.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
-Mark

The only way I know to switch plug-ins is via the prefs pane, the menu extra or the dock icon. I would say that this has to be one of the top features that should be added to the next version - some means of cycling through the effects on the fly, and also some way to disable the effects you won't/don't use.

Indeed, this is one of the main features we'd like to add. Stay tuned!

Scripting support is on our radar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Stay tuned!

Stay tuned??? Are you implying there is a new version to be realeased soon???????????

uhhh, all i can say is that this is something we want to do sooner than later. The work hasn't been done yet as we've been a bit distracted with all our other releases but we haven't forgotten about OmniDazzle :)