The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Canon Printing Problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently replaced my old clapped out Canon Ink Jet with a New (clapped out!) Canon MG6150.
I am having problems with printing to A5 paper with some programs, Outliner being one. I appears that Canon software treats Apple & PC print commands differently. For the Mac it is necessary to set the margins inside the program. All of this works nicely on A4, but on A5 the top margin extends half way down the page (even when set at 1cm), and the left margin is actually off the page (again set at 1 cm).
I am now running Lion and it makes no difference to the output.
I have taken up the problem with Canon, who insist that they are right and Omni Group (and a few others including Apple) are wrong - or at least their software prints commands are. [Nice way of making friends]
Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so did they find a solution?

Sorry for the trouble this is causing!

If you hit print and then use the "PDF" button in the lower left to send the info to Preview.app instead of the printer, what happens?

It's certainly possible that this is an issue with our code; if it is, Preview.app will be likely to also show the problem. If we're sending out bad info, Preview and the printer will probably handle it in similar ways.

If Preview looks correct but the on-paper info looks incorrect, though, the difference there is more likely to be the printer driver doing something unexpected or different than most others. (The processing of the info we send, in other words, rather than the info itself.)