The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fading away a completed action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I accidently checked off two actions when I intended to check only one. I've gone back and repeated that error, and I believe I've found a serious usability trap.

Starting with this state:
  • action 4 of 6 in purple
  • action 5 in black
  • action 6 in black
When I check off line 4, it instantly disappears (due to Remaining filtering) and the next line becomes purple. Without reading the text, it appears I didn't actually check the box. So I click again.

I imagine this could also happen if I accidentally double-click a check box instead of doing a single click.

Suggestion: when an action is checked off and will disappear due to filtering, show the completed action for just a moment and then have it fade away (à la Mail's hiding of the Reply To or BCC address fields). I realize this is a lot more work, but it would be a sexy way of showing what's actually happening when an action is hidden and could avoid accidently checking off an action that is not completed.

[copy of a formal feedback report]