The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sorting Preferences for Due Soon, etc. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like the actions in the context mode to be sorted in the order the projects appear, as in the desktop application. Without this, clicking on the context (which I use all the time on the desktop version) isn't very helpful, as my actions are all jumbled around.

The view I find most useful in OF (desktop) is a Focus on work or home and then the context view without any context selected. This creates a list of due today, due tomorrow, etc etc up through a month, and then items without a due date.

Even if perspectives won't be supported on the iPhone, that view is probably what many people would want since it focuses you on nearest deadlines. There's room on the home screen for another view in the iPhone, that would be my vote. Even better if you can limit it by some kind of focus (like work vs home)

I would like to be able to just show Due Today. That doesn't seem possible. Am I missing something?

This is a feature we've gotten some requests for - right now, you can set the 'Due Soon' interval in Settings to 24 hours, and use that view to get close to what you're probably looking for.

If you'd like to see an explicit due today category in addition to that, please email us using the "Send Feedback" button in the Settings screen so we can record the request properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This is a feature we've gotten some requests for - right now, you can set the 'Due Soon' interval in Settings to 24 hours, and use that view to get close to what you're probably looking for.

If you'd like to see an explicit due today category in addition to that, please email us using the "Send Feedback" button in the Settings screen so we can record the request properly.
Due Soon, with interval set to 24 hours, shows the next 24 hours worth of tasks. I want Today's tasks, not some of today's and some of tomorrow's.

I'll send feedback as well.

Thanks.

I'd like to have a smart group that is starts soon (i.e., filtering by start date. I often don't assign due dates to things. So I organize more by start dates, so it would be nice to be able to see what is coming up.