The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Verify Next Actions Exist Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wow SpiralOcean that is these are nice! The saved perspective is pretty neat and is a nice touch. I didn't know you could save those like that and have them update your. Is that a script? I didn't realize that Perspectives saved searches, I didn't see that in anywhere documented in the help file that I read through. That opens all sorts of possibilities.

The problem I was having before of the "-Missing NA" not deleting, Curt answered offline. I wasn't selecting all the projects from the actions pane to clear them (I was selecting them from the projects pane). Your script doesn't need that somehow.

Anyway you all amaze me, thanks for the very nice work and for posting it.

Last edited by skillet; 2011-06-27 at 04:09 PM..

I'm glad you enjoy the script.

A perspective saves the state of OmniFocus as you have it, including searches. To include the perspective I did some experimenting. Here's what I found:
Open the Perspectives window
select then drag the perspective to your desktop.

Another user will then be able to double click on the perspective to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Open the Perspectives window select then drag the perspective to your desktop.

Another user will then be able to double click on the perspective to install it.
That's very cool and useful but...
[SARCASM] I can't believe they made it so complicated [/Sarcasm]

Thanks for the info.

Hi Curt,

I'm new to OmniFocus and was scanning the forums to get ideas on how to develop a better workflow when I found your script. I installed it and have been using it for a few weeks. It rocks! Thank you for making your scripting genius available for mere mortals.

Glad you like the script!

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

Made a minor update to the modded version of Curt's script

--10/09/11
• Added support for Growl 1.3 notifications
• Included helper script for moving file to the OmniFocus scripts folder

Enjoy:
Find Stalled Script

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2011-11-09 at 07:35 AM..

SpiralOcean, I get an error message that it couldn't complete "AppleScript reported the following error:
Stack overflow."

I ran Curt's latest from his website and it works and doesn't give an error on my system. I double checked I had the latest growl and even installed the one in your link just incase, thanks for posting.

Stack Overflow usually means memory has been filled.

The main difference between my modified version of Curt's excellent script is:
the script will search all active & non-active items that have a Missing NA tag on it and remove the tag if certain conditions have been met. These conditions are described in the document that you downloaded with the script.

This allows you to correct an action, action group or a project and run the script again. The script will remove the tag from all non-active projects, action groups or tags.

My first thought is: do you keep your completed projects? That is, how often do you archive? You may want to try archiving and see if that helps. Or if you have a lot of nesting going on the script could run into this error.

Also: how much memory do you have? How many projects? What OS & OmniFocus version are you running?

I'll see if I can get to looking at troubleshooting the script when I have a chance. Let me know if you get around this error. Thank you for the feedback.

Quote:
My first thought is: do you keep your completed projects? That is, how often do you archive? You may want to try archiving and see if that helps. Or if you have a lot of nesting going on the script could run into this error.
My guess is it is probably the nesting since I have a bit of that in my Templates folder about three levels deep. Also I haven't archived since I started using OmniFocus this past June.

Quote:
Also: how much memory do you have? How many projects? What OS & OmniFocus version are you running?
12GB, about 30 projects, 10.6.8 OS and 1.9.3 OmniFocus v.77.75

Quote:
I'll see if I can get to looking at troubleshooting the script when I have a chance. Let me know if you get around this error. Thank you for the feedback.
Will do, no luck so far, no rush though, plenty of other fish to fry first I am sure. I just thought I would let you know what it was doing on my system.

I've got some ideas that may solve this problem. I'll post up here when I have another version.