The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Compatible OS. 10.4.11? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am running Mac 10.4.11 on a MBP 1.83 GHz. My Omnifocus program has crashed more the eight times today on my computer. This does not count my iphone, which has crashed several times today. I have been using this program for about a week. The crashes became much more frequent with the latest update (Aug 11th), but the phone crashes too. The application crashed today on my computer sitting still. I run Microsoft Office 2004. That is about it. Have any other users been getting frequent crashes? Is this program written for OS 10.5 or later only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googie2 View Post
I am running Mac 10.4.11 on a MBP 1.83 GHz. My Omnifocus program has crashed more the eight times today on my computer. This does not count my iphone, which has crashed several times today. I have been using this program for about a week. The crashes became much more frequent with the latest update (Aug 11th), but the phone crashes too. The application crashed today on my computer sitting still. I run Microsoft Office 2004. That is about it. Have any other users been getting frequent crashes? Is this program written for OS 10.5 or later only?
I run 10.4.11 for the most part on a 2GHz Core 2 Duo MB and always have OmniFocus in use. I've had maybe a dozen crashes of OmniFocus, in total, since the 1.1 sneaky peeks began a month or two ago, and just about all of them have been identified and fixed by Omni. Are you sending in the crash reports? Which version of OmniFocus are you using?

I am running 1.1 sneakypeek (v77.10.0.103926). I do not have anything else besides the office programs (excel, word, ect.) I suspect something else is going on for my to get so many crashes. If everyone's crashed like this, I do not think that the program would be viable... I send every error report to the crew... Latest error reported (OG #336529] AutoReply: OmniGroup CrashCatcher Report for OmniFocus (1.1 sneakypeek (v77.10.0.103926) (Aug 11 2008))

It crashed while I was away from my desk. Very frustrating...

Last edited by Googie2; 2008-08-12 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Added info

I'm sorry you're having so many crashing issues. OF has been rock solid for me, but I know that doesn't make you feel better about the crashes.

You might manually use OmniFocus --> Check for Updates to grab the latest build. I'm on 103954, which came out this afternoon (EST). Recent release notes have mentioned crashers, so they're working in sensitive areas.

Curt

Googie2, thanks for posting your ticket number. That helped me find your crashes quickly.

Most of your crashes seem to be related to drawing an image. Do you have images attached to any of your actions?

If you have any 3rd party application enhancers installed, you might want to try disabling or removing them to see if that makes any difference.

Do you have custom images for the perspectives in your toolbar?

I do not have customer images for the perspectives in my toolbar. I do have images attached to a couple of my actions. They are photo attachments. This is a highly useful feature in my job. I have updated to Aug 12th update. I also installed an office 04 update last night. I will use today and see if I get more trouble. Thank you for your reply and questions. Perhaps my answers help. Happy to help you make this a better system.