The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark groups gone bonkers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My bookmarks suddenly stopped displaying properly and I can't figure out how to fix it.

My bookmarks are organised as follows:
/Folder A
/Folder B/Subfolder X
/Folder C
A book mark
/Folder D

etc.

When I open up bookmarks (cmd-B), I used to see the bookmark structure in the main window and my groups in the left hand pane.

Now I see Folder A, Folder B, Folder C and Folder D in the left hand pane; selecting one of them shows its contents in the right hand pane. I can't get the bookmark "groups" (history, site preferences etc) to display.

The bookmark menu item works properly, so the bookmarks themselves aren't lost. That's the only way to select my "top level" bookmark.

What went wrong? I restored my Groups.plist file from my time capsule but it didn't appear to change anything.

If you quit OmniWeb and remove your groups.plist file instead of restoring to an older version.... does that fix the problem?

Just tried this -- nope, results appear to be identical.

Can you send an email in to omniweb5@omnigroup.com? I'd like to get to the bottom of this but it might be easier for us to do it that way. Can you send us a screen capture of exactly what you're seeing as well?

Will do, Troy.