The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How a housewife is using OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
New to OmniFocus and enthusiastic about using it!

Order with OmniFocus
I use OmniFocus to create structure and order to running my home. I find that once the initial data entry is complete it's a good tool that makes my life easier. I'm not running an empire but I am just as interested in getting things done as quickly and efficiently as those who are.

I have the desktop and the iPod Touch App and it's made life much easier.

I have to consider others when planning my day. Family members have school, work, meetings, activities so I'm constantly juggling and rearranging things to make the most of the 24 hours I'm given in each day.

Meal times have to be scheduled so that we can all enjoy our meal together as often as possible.

Other things get done between meals and it's nice for me to open OmniFocus on my iPod and see what I've accomplished and what is still left undone.

I also like to make time for myself. Having such a rigid routine may seem stifling to some but I personally find it freeing. I am more efficient and have the time to do the things I love to do; like working in the dark room; without letting things go undone. I'm less stressed out and much much happier using OmniFocus to keep me focused on what really matters to me.

I've created cleaning projects as follows:

FOCUS - Week 1-Repeat Every Month
Kitchen
Laundry Room
Downstairs Bathroom
Family Room

FOCUS - Week 2-Repeat Every Month
Dark Room
Library
Dining Room
Entry
Stairs
Living Room

FOCUS - Week 3-Repeat Every Month
Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom
Little Guest Room

FOCUS - Week 4-Repeat Every Month
Child's Bedroom
Child's Bathroom
Big Guest Room

FOCUS - Week 5-Repeat Every Month
Sun Porch
Screened Porch
Front Porch
Side Porch

Under each room I list the things I do in that room repetitively every month. While I'm in there I just note if something needs maintenance and list it for later. I'll also note if I want to hang a picture or purchase something new for that room.

I work a room from the top down or from ceiling to floor.

We finally just hired someone to take care of the yard. I don't enjoy it at all and my husband doesn't either.

I have a lot more on OmniFocus than this but this is where I started.

Thanks OmniGroup!