The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start/Due date not showing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I'm a newbie. Just installed OF and have been inputing/organizing everything for the past couple days. It's great! The only problem is there is no place to input start/due dates on the actions/projects and I can't find another way to do it anywhere! What's up with my software???? Please help, thanks.

Select a project or action and bring up the inspector (cmd-shift-I or Inspectors->Show Inspectors, or click the Inspector toolbar button). Enter/edit the dates as appropriate.

Another way is to turn on a column in the main window for the dates you want to enter. Bring up the View bar (cmd-shift-V or View->Show View Bar), and at the very far right you'll see a little gear atop the area where the window's scrollbar would be drawn if needed. That menu will offer a number of options for additional columns, including start and due dates. See "Customizing Columns" in the OmniFocus Help (cmd-?) for more details.

Also, be sure to check out the various tutorial videos available on the OmniFocus product page. There are some changes to the program that aren't reflected in the videos, but they are still worth watching.