The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmarklet Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all.

One of the uses Omnifocus has for me is to serve as a master wishlist, where I keep every item I plan to buy on a single action list with a Someday/Maybe context.

However, the process of inputing all of this information would speed up a lot if there was a bookmarklet that could grab a selected text (the title of the item, for example) and make a quick action with it, putting the URL in the notes of the task. Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardomelo View Post
Hello all.

One of the uses Omnifocus has for me is to serve as a master wishlist, where I keep every item I plan to buy on a single action list with a Someday/Maybe context.

However, the process of inputing all of this information would speed up a lot if there was a bookmarklet that could grab a selected text (the title of the item, for example) and make a quick action with it, putting the URL in the notes of the task. Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,
Is that what the clippings feature does?

If you use Safari you can use the standard clipping shortcut (you can set it in preferences). You need to select some text on the webpage and then hit your shortcut key.

If you use Gmail/Google Apps and are in Firefox or on a Windows PC away from your computer (at work, say), you could try and see if my bookmarklet works for you:

http://paulstonedesign.com/blog/arti...-to-omnifocus/

I personally find the built-in clipping service to be sufficient, but Nik's bookmarklet has been floating around these forums for some time too:

http://nik.me/omnifocus-uri-handler

I'm not sure how it compares to paulstone's bookmarklet posted earlier in this thread. But one of these options should help.

-Dennis

Thank you for your answers!

I prefer bookmarklets to the clippings option because I usually forget key combinations and shortcuts, and a bookmarklet would always be visible.

I don't know why, the the bookmarklets linked here don't seem to work for me, since I get this error:

Quote:
Safari can’t open the specified address.
Safari can’t open “x-omnifocus://newtask?name=OmniFocus%20URI%20Handler%20%7C%20Nik 's%20Crappy%20Blog&note=http%3A%2F%2Fnik.me%2Fomni focus-uri-handler%0A%0A&quickentry=0” because Mac OS X doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “x-omnifocus:”.

What version of OmniFocus are you running?

-Dennis

ricardo - you need to download and launch the "OmniFocus URI Handler" script from Nik's page before the bookmarklet can take effect.