The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Finding projects in a long list Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

I find myself with a large list of projects (shocking, I know). I want to find a particular project in that list, but can't see how to do it. I can search for the project using the search field at the top, and it brings the project into focus, but it doesn't show me *where* in my list the project is.

I'm hoping for a "show in projects list" or some such.

Thoughts?

Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
I find myself with a large list of projects (shocking, I know). I want to find a particular project in that list, but can't see how to do it. I can search for the project using the search field at the top, and it brings the project into focus, but it doesn't show me *where* in my list the project is.

I'm hoping for a "show in projects list" or some such.
If you then select the project and cancel the search, you should still have the project in focus but the others will show as well, thus letting you know where on the list your project is.

For an even better sense, you can then group by Ungrouped (so to speak) and then use View > Collapse All so all you see are the project names, not the actions.

Hm. That is true, and I am able to drag it from the right side of the projects view to the left side in the list of projects for rearrangement, so it's a handy workaround. Thanks for that.

It's a pretty ugly workaround, though, and I'd like to have a method to more easily jump to a project in the project list.