The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Link Names In Note Fields Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have links to folders in most of the note fields of my project names. Is it possible to have OmniFocus show the folder name or file name when a link is dropped into a note? All I am getting is an icon.

This is a very popular feature request. We hope to add it soon.

Not currently. About the only thing you can do is select the file in the OmniFocus note field and hit spacebar to preview the file with Quick Look (only available on Leopard). Or maybe type in the name yourself following the file/folder icon.

This feature has been requested several times before on this forum. If you'd really like to see it added, I encourage you to request it via Help -> Send Feedback from the OmniFocus menu bar. I know the Omni Group is aware of the desire for this feature, but I don't recall if they said it would be added. So it wouldn't hurt to throw in your "vote".

-Dennis

UPDATE - OK, I guess I should have waited 5 minutes for Omni's response. :)