The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeated requests for login info when syncing [Apparent bug in 10.8, not OF; use workaround on pg.2] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
TheFox: Are you still stuck? Email or call our Ninjas so one of them can work this out with you. (We would really like to figure out why this happens sometimes, so we can fix it in the app and have it never happen to anyone again.)

I'm a new OmniFocus user, though I've used other Omni products for some time. I also bought the iPad version, though haven't used it yet (and am not motivated to do that until I figure out why I get asked for credentials every time I change something.

I do have a few things in my keychain, but nothing omni-related.

Welcome to the forums, MM, and sorry for the trouble! There are few different things that could be going on here. However, barring unusual circumstances, you shouldn't be asked for credentials unless you have sync enabled. Since you're not using the iPad app yet, you can probably just turn sync off for the time being if that's what's causing this.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it's probably going to be easiest to sort out if you send some screenshots of your Sync preferences in the Mac app to our support ninjas or give them a call at 800.315.6664 so they can help you over the phone.

I am long time user of OF Mac and since switching to Mountain Lion, I am being asked repeatedly to enter my OmniSyc credentials which has never happened before. Deleting the Keychain entry and recreating fixes the issue for one or two times but then it returns.

This is quite maddening...what can we do?

sgmiller: I think I saw your ticket in our queue today, so perhaps a Support Ninja has already helped you get things sorted out. Some people report that rebooting their computer (and then re-entering it once after that) clears up the issue.
I feel impertinent for asking, but are you checking the box to have the login details remembered?

We find it rather maddening too, having so many of our customers annoyed at each major OS update and not being able to figure out why this is happening or how we can prevent it.

I feel like 5 years back, when it comes to syncing:

- Omnisync keeps asking me for my password every second sync or so

- WebDAV on Lion Server sync with Mac and iPad perfectly, iPhone keeps popping up an error message.

So, basically, since the demise of Mobile Me there is no working sync solution for me.

Anyone having this problems and solved them?

Thanks

Wolfgang

Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, every time I open OmniFocus on the Mac it asks me for username and password. Even after I enter them it continues to pop up. The only way I've found to get around this issue is to quit and restart OmniFocus. Wondering if a fix is in the works?

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! Drew, we've gotten reports of a number of keychain-related issues from folks who've installed 10.8. Wok4, you don't mention which OS you have installed; if it's not Mountain Lion, let us know and we can investigate this with you.

Some customers seeing this have reported that using Keychain Access to remove the entry for sync.omnigroup.com is sufficient to get things back up and running normally, at least temporarily. (We've seen reports of similar keychain-related issues in other apps on Mountain Lion, so our current working theory is that this is something Apple's going to need to address.)

Another issue we've had reported on 10.8 is OmniFocus asking for your login information when the app launches in response to the clipping shortcut. (This doesn't appear to happen if OmniFocus is already running when you clip something.)

We're looking into this one, but for the time being, we'd suggest making OmniFocus one of your Login Items (via the "Users & Groups" pane of System Preferences), then hiding (rather than quitting) the app when you're not using it. That should reduce the number of times that panel appears.

If neither of those sound like what you're seeing, email our support ninjas and we'll be happy to look into this with you. Sorry again for the trouble!

Last edited by Brian; 2012-08-17 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: hav -> have

Wok4: if you haven't already, use the link in my previous post to contact our support ninjas for help with the iPhone problem - it'll be helpful if you include the text of the error message you're getting. Thanks!

Second, every time I sync it asks me for my password to Omni. "The server OmniSync requires authentication." Despite entering the correct username and password (allowing sync to go ahead appropriately), and checking the 'Remember in Keychain' box, it always asks me to enter it again.

I continue to have this same problem, despite installing the latest version of Omnifocus, dumping my cache, rebuilding my database, etc. Has anyone found a fix yet?