The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone else unable to Sync with ical Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Mine just sits there spinning in Leopard and then says it could not sync.
Please help!
Thanks

Did you set up your preferences?

Yes, this is the error message:

Unable to synchronize with iCal:

Exception raised:
---------------------------
Name: ISyncSessionUnavailableException
Reason: Client com.omnigroup.OmniFocus is already participating in a sync
Info:
(null)
Backtrace:No numeric backtrace found

It sort of looks like iSync is having a bad hair day ... so have you restarted your computer since this error happened? Have you tried resetting iSync?

i have - any solution?
Mark

Client com.omnigroup.OmniFocus is already participating in a sync
Info:

There is a post somewhere, I think it may be in the stickies, where someone at OF gave a process of shutting down the syncing engine, making some change, and starting it up again. I actually used this once when syncing to iCal no longer worked and that fixed it. Can't find that post now, but I haven't looked hard.

I too am having this problem (see quote below).

I've posted a support query and am waiting for a reply. Has anybody else had it and found a solution? I've followed the advice about using the Terminal and resetting iSync sync history (as listed in the sticky), but none of these fix the problem. I've already wasted a lot of time and my tasks are all over the place. Help!

DWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylejillson View Post
Yes, this is the error message:

Unable to synchronize with iCal:

Exception raised:
---------------------------
Name: ISyncSessionUnavailableException
Reason: Client com.omnigroup.OmniFocus is already participating in a sync
Info:
(null)
Backtrace:No numeric backtrace found

Has anyone of you guys fixed this problem or never?? Id like to know so i can just give up on OF and move on unless theres a solution to this. Seems like a big problem that OF people would/should address especially since it looks like its been going on for 3 years now! but hmmm... ???

Ive always used iCal as my GTD list, and i have tons of tasks with detailed notes in iCal, I just totally dont want to manually write all the tasks into OF...

Last edited by ennogee; 2010-05-09 at 07:07 AM..

This iCal sync error should be fixed in the latest sneaky peek builds of OmniFocus 1.8.