The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmarks sync with Safari Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

is it possible or would it be possible in the future to sync Omniweb and Safari (and iOS) bookmarks? Do they use the same format? Where are Safari bookmarks stored in iCloud?

Thanks!
Andreas

Anybody? Is there a way to sync my Safari bookmarks of my iPhone with Omniweb bookmarks on my Mac through iCloud?

I'd like to ask again: Is there a way to sync Omniweb bookmarks with iCloud (Safari, Safari for iOS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorema67 View Post
I'd like to ask again: Is there a way to sync Omniweb bookmarks with iCloud (Safari, Safari for iOS)?
Not exactly. However, you can add your Safari bookmarks to OmniWeb by choosing "Import Bookmarks…" from the Bookmarks menu. It will add a new "Safari Bookmarks" group to your OmniWeb bookmarks sidebar which will refresh every time OmniWeb is launched. (It might refresh at other times too, but I haven't used that feature since we wrote it years ago and forget how it works.)

By the way, OmniWeb's bookmarks are stored as an HTML file, with some extended attributes on the anchor tags to support the extra features bookmarks use like specifying the interval for automatically checking a bookmark to see if the page has changed. This means that you can open the OmniWeb bookmarks file in any web browser and get a readable and usable (though not beautiful) page of links.

Hope this helps!