The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus as a general inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
OmniFocus is probably the best note-taking app I’ve ever found.

In fact, my OmniFocus inbox, not Simplenote, has become my preferred place for taking general notes, especially any circumstance where I’m likely to record a combination of thoughts and actions, which happens to be every circumstance these days.
from Practically Efficient

This seems like a really good idea. One inbox to rule them all. The only problem is getting those notes out of OmniFocus into a reference system (if that's where they are to go) isn't easy. It requires some cut-and-pasting.

How about an easier way to get notes out of OF, like a drag-and-drop that carries the entry title and note contents? At the moment dragging only carries a link to the entry. I can see myself using OF in this way, without upsetting any GTD rules. Not that I live and die by GTD, anyway.